शासन स्तर से स्पेशल आपरेशन ग्रुप (एसओजी) को खत्म किया जा चुका है, मगर थानों पर अभी भी यह चल रहे हैं। यह टीमें थानेदारों के नेतृत्व में स्वतंत्र रूप से भ्रमणशील रहती हैं। बताते चलें कि शासन के आदेश पर करीब डेढ़ वर्ष पूर्व एसओजी को खत्म किया जा चुका है।
|Abbreviation||Full Form (English)||Full Form (Hindi)||Meaning|
|SOG||Special Operations Group||विशेष शासनक्रिया समूह||A specialized tactical unit in law enforcement and military with high-risk and covert mission capabilities.|
Full Form (English): Special Operations Group
Full Form (Hindi): विशेष शासनक्रिया समूह
Meaning: SOG stands for Special Operations Group, which refers to a specialized tactical unit within law enforcement agencies and the military. These units are specifically trained and equipped to undertake high-risk and covert missions that are beyond the scope of regular police or military activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Covert Operations: SOGs are trained to conduct covert operations, maintaining secrecy and avoiding detection. They operate discreetly to achieve their objectives without alerting the targets.
- Counter-Terrorism: SOGs play a crucial role in counter-terrorism efforts. They are deployed to neutralize terrorist threats and respond to critical situations, such as hostage rescues and terrorist activities.
- Specialized Training: Members of SOGs undergo rigorous and specialized training, acquiring skills in stealth, infiltration, intelligence gathering, and advanced weaponry.
- Intelligence Gathering: SOGs are skilled in gathering critical intelligence through surveillance, reconnaissance, and human intelligence (HUMINT) to plan and execute successful operations.
- Unconventional Warfare: In military contexts, SOGs engage in unconventional warfare, operating behind enemy lines and disrupting enemy activities.
- Crisis Response: They are called upon to handle critical situations that require a swift and coordinated response, such as dealing with armed and dangerous criminals.
- Global Collaboration: SOGs often collaborate with international counterparts, participating in joint exercises and sharing intelligence to combat transnational threats.
Significance and Impact:
The establishment of Special Operations Groups has significantly enhanced the capabilities of law enforcement agencies and military forces. Their specialized skills and training enable them to tackle complex and high-risk situations efficiently. SOGs are at the forefront of protecting national security and safeguarding the interests of the country.
The Special Operations Group (SOG) plays a vital role in maintaining national security and undertaking critical missions that require precision, coordination, and stealth. With their specialized training and expertise, they are an essential asset in countering terrorism, handling crises, and ensuring the safety of citizens. The sacrifices and dedication of these elite units exemplify their commitment to serving their country and upholding peace and stability.